Sunday 22 February 2015

Greetings far and wide....

Hi fellow home cooks,

I would like to first start by introducing myself.
My name is Susan but my friends call me Susie Q. 
I am a SAHM who loves to try out new recipes especially desserts.  My children love to help me out in the kitchen and they are learning new skills everyday.  For example, master 8 has just started using the grater and I have FINALLY convinced him that rissoles would be better with vegetables in them.  He grated a carrot the other day, on the very fine side of the grater, and to my amazement Mr fussy pants ate rissoles with carrots in it (dipped in lots of tomato sauce!).  Needless to say I was more than happy.  I think having him help out in the kitchen contributed to him actually eating it.  He usually says "Yuck, I'm not eating that!" and pushes the plate away and sits and sulks during meal times.  Unfortunately his little sister Miss 6, decided she would do the same, but when she realised there was no more food coming out, she pulled her plate back again and started eating what was on her plate phew!
Well I look forward to sharing and swapping recipes with you.  I will post some pictures of my cooking and let you know where things went wrong and any tips I have to improve the dish.

Do you have a fussy eater at your house? Any advice?

Who likes my profile photo of Donna Hay's yummy chocolate Panna cotta? There was a slight hiccup with that dish that thankfully a little whipped cream covered.  Can anyone guess what I did wrong?

I am looking forward to chatting and getting to know some new people and sharing some recipes with you all.


Susie Q's Home Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment