Wednesday 25 February 2015

Do you have a fussy eater in your house?

 
 
Hi fellow home cooks,
 
I don't know about you but I have two fussy eaters in my house!
 
I was on YouTube trying to find some ideas to get my children eating healthy and nutritious foods, when I came across this video.  It gave me some fabulous ideas that I wanted to share with my readers.  I hope you find the video useful.
  
Link To YouTube Video:  Meg-5 Tips for Picky Eaters!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

  
 
I like the tooth pick idea and I used this myself a little while back.  My children would not eat mince meat so one day I decided to make some really tiny meatballs and for something different I put them on a plate and placed a tooth pick in every single one of them.  I think I went through about 30 toothpicks that day, but BINGO they ate them!  I honestly believe it all came down to the fact they could hold the meatball on a little toothpick and dip it in some sauce.  It was a novelty that worked!
 
I think it is a good idea getting the children to try just one mouthful of each food.  Do not overload their plates with big piles of mashed potato and peas.  Give the children small serves and provide them with lots of praise when they try the food.  Do not ask them to eat more, once they have tried it then that's good enough for one dinner time.
 
I love the idea of cutting foods into different shapes and making patterns on a plate.  Here is a few of my favourites made by a friend of mine!
 
 

Dr Seuss




 
Teddy Bear Sleeping

 
 
My tips: 
   Pureed cauliflower mixed in with scrambled egg or quiche
  Finely grated zucchini and carrot mixed in with the Lasagne sauce
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed the YouTube video and Best of luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment